Friday, March 30, 2012

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

I spent the entire month picking out a car.

A new shiny car.

A Chevy Sonic.

New cars are expensive--extremely expensive--but I did not care. The Sonic is one of the cheapest cars on the road, and I got a relatively good price. After three separate test drives I put down a deposit on one in Cyber Gray Metallic with a nice stereo system.

I spent a lot of time picking out this car and going through the process--time when I could have been writing.

Then I started looking for insurance and I realized something. Technically, I recognized three things: (1) I'm a new driver, (2) I'm young, and (3) I live in Downtown Detroit. The cheapest car insurance I could find (and I called everywhere) was the same monthly price as my rent.

I can't write two checks like that.

So, new plan! No shiny new car! No pretty Chevy Sonic! No Cyber Gray Metallic! No small car that I felt comfortable driving in!

Nope, I'm going to buy the cheapest used Pontiac Vibe I can get my hands on and only insure it for liability. No comprehensive coverage. No collision. Nothing. Just minimum liability and a song in my heart.

My insurance will still cost twice what it should be, and I don't care. It'll be less than rent.

And, there you have it... truth is stranger than fiction!

2 comments:

  1. RR
    อย่าปล่อยให้หวังกันอีกเลย
    สองรัก ฉันรับไม่ไหว
    เธอมีหนึ่งใจให้ไปตั้ง
    สองรัก ทั้งเขาและฉัน
    ฝันไปหรือเธอ
    มีใคร ยอมทนบ้างไหม
    ลืมตาตื่นมาสักทีเถอะ
    สองหัวจิตหัวใจอย่างนี้
    เลือกซักทีจะเอาซักทาง
    สล็อต888
    สล็อต888

    ReplyDelete
  2. RR
    เกม Candy Dreams เป็นเกมสล็อตของทางค่าย Evoplay Slot กราฟิกของเกมมีความสวยงามน่าเล่น
    ส่วนระบบเกมนั้นก็ออกแบบมาได้สมดุล ไม่ยากและไม่ง่ายจนเกินไป ผู้เล่นแทบจะไม่มีทางขาดทุน เก็บกำไรได้สบาย ๆ
    ถือเป็นอีกเกมของ Evoplay Slot ที่อยากแนะนำให้ลองเพราะ Slot Online เกมนี้สามารถทำกำไรได้จริง ๆ ทั้งนี้ผู้เล่นสามารถแอดไลน์ @SPS98
    หรือเข้าเล่นด้วยการ ดาวน์โหลดซูเปอร์สล็อต จากเว็บไซต์ ซูเปอร์สล็อต 98 ได้เลย มีบริการจากทีมงานคุณภาพตลอด 24 ชม.
    สล็อตPG
    สล็อตPG

    ReplyDelete