Sunday, April 8, 2012

Writers Conferences

In an attempt to have a social experience--any social experience--I just went to RWA's website and looked up writers' conferences.

There's one upcoming in Chicago, great speakers, looks like fun, sold out.

What about the one in Michigan? I'd have to decide by tomorrow in order to make the registration date, and it's on a golf course. I'm not getting the all inclusive vibe from a golf course. What can I say? I'm allergic to putting greens.

Maybe I'm trying to schedule stuff too soon. Forget April. It's a lost month. Forget May. They're all really far away or happening the same weekend that I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid. What about June?

There's a conference in June! In Wisconsin! Wisconsin's just the next state over.

For those of you who don't know, here's a short geography lesson. There's a big--freaking--lake in between Michigan and Wisconsin. Some people might even call it a Great Lake. Stupid shifting of tectonic plates combined with glacial erosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment