Thursday, April 19, 2012

Forty Five Thousand Words!

I made it to Forty five thousand words today on the BBS. Usually I write much faster than this, but I've been working on other things, rewriting, etc. Also, real work... sigh... still, forty five thousand words! Plus, I've got chapters plotted all the way to the end so I KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

For those of you named Ruth (you know who you are) there is intentionality, growth, and archy-ness. Everybody has a goal. There is WOE. Also, great personal sacrifice.

Ah!

Ok, so it's a very traditional romance of the surprise pregnancy/sleeping with someone you're working with genre, but traditional does not mean bad. It's all fast paced (hopefully), clever (hopefully), and funny (god, I hope).

My next landmark is fifty thousand words, and if the plan is right (please, oh please) then the end goal should be somewhere in sight at around fifty eight thousand words. (Wedding scene or baby scene? Or are both of those too pat?)

No comments:

Post a Comment