Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cakewalk

To paraphrase, tonight I wore a short skirt and a long jacket. Not actually the best outfit when it's freezing out, but... Hey... I had fun, and the fashion maven/design student who works at my coffee shop said nice things about me.

It's come to my attention that I've become much girlies since moving to Detroit. If true it's because I'm in love... With compliments, and with a Midwest attitude where guys hold doors, pay for coffee, and walk me home. I know that I'm a strong, independent woman, but sometimes it's fun to get all dolled up up and have some fun.

What about you? Anyone have a favorite outfit, the kind that always gets a great response? Or--better--do you have a favorite makeover romance? The kind where everybody already knows that true beauty comes from within (My favorite is Jennifer Crusie's Bet Me... Yes, damn it, it is a makeover story. They go shopping.)

No comments:

Post a Comment