Thursday, July 26, 2012

Food Challenge

As many of you have figured out, this blog isn't just about writing. It's about all the crazy stuff that's happened to me since I moved to Detroit!

As many of you also know, Detroit is a notorious food desert.

And, as all of those who actually know me know... I'm crazy for any food that's sugary, fried, sauteed in butter, and generally bad for you... so... I haven't been eating the best (unless by 'best' you mean world's best french fries and bernaise sauce at Cliff Bell's while listening to live music).

Which leads me to the challenge. My cousin Carmen--the best personal trainer in Reno, Nevada--is doing this thing called the '90 Day Challenge' where she proves she's a better--or at least healthier--person than me. She's inspired me to do something about my own fitness.

So, here's the deal: I'm going gluten free, sugar free, and processed meat free.

I'm not giving up coffee. I love coffee. I need coffee. Coffee's good for me. It prevents senility in women. I'm a woman. Ok, I'm only 23... so I'm probably not going senile anytime soon... but still. I'm also not giving up tea. Some things are just too important.

I'm going to concentrate on the finer things in life, like whole grains and whole foods. I'm not going to eat anything whose ingredients I don't know, don't understand, or can't pronounce.

And, while I'm doing it, I'm still going to have the energy to write kick ass novels about falling in love.



Tonight's Meal:

After getting home from work I made myself a snack of hummus, corn tortillas, greek yogurt, and salsa. Otherwise known as yum, double yum, unfortunately I was so busy 'yumming out' on snack it turned into dinner. Oops. At least I got some protein.

Dessert will be fresh raspberries and maybe some more greek yogurt. I'll either have tea or seltzer water.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post!!

    Thanks to share these beautiful tips..

    ReplyDelete

  2. RR
    ก่อนที่ผู้เล่นจะเริ่มการเดิมพัน ผู้เล่นสามารถเลือกแท่งเดิมพันที่จะเล่นได้ โดยแท่งเดิมพันที่ 1 จะมีมูลค่าเท่ากับขนาดเดิมพัน
    แท่งเดิมพันที่ 2 จะมีมูลค่าเป็น 2 เท่าของขนาดเดิมพัน และแท่งเดิมพันที่ 3 จะมีมูลค่าเป็น 3 เท่าของขนาดเดิมพัน
    สล็อต1234

    ReplyDelete
  3. RR
    เกม Candy Dreams เป็นเกมสล็อตของทางค่าย Evoplay Slot กราฟิกของเกมมีความสวยงามน่าเล่น
    ส่วนระบบเกมนั้นก็ออกแบบมาได้สมดุล ไม่ยากและไม่ง่ายจนเกินไป ผู้เล่นแทบจะไม่มีทางขาดทุน เก็บกำไรได้สบาย ๆ
    ถือเป็นอีกเกมของ Evoplay Slot ที่อยากแนะนำให้ลองเพราะ Slot Online เกมนี้สามารถทำกำไรได้จริง ๆ ทั้งนี้ผู้เล่นสามารถแอดไลน์ @SPS98
    หรือเข้าเล่นด้วยการ ดาวน์โหลดซูเปอร์สล็อต จากเว็บไซต์ ซูเปอร์สล็อต 98 ได้เลย มีบริการจากทีมงานคุณภาพตลอด 24 ชม.
    สล็อตPG
    สล็อตPG

    ReplyDelete